The best mobile ads make the best of mobile technology. Mobile ads are small, but powerful when used right. A study found that brand favorability was 14.5% higher among people who saw their best-performing mobile ads.
Follow the tips below to make the most of your mobile campaign.
- Use a Phone Number – Mobile’s big advantage over other advertising is its connection to a phone. A simple click to call provides a quick and easy source of leads.
- Include a Strong Call to Action – Give people a good reason to click: get a coupon, sign up for offers, download a free game or entertainment.
- Give a Reason to Share – A study by ShareThis shows people are twice as likely to share something through mobile than through a desktop. Reasons for sharing include relevancy, usefulness of the offer, use of humor and entertainment.
- Time it Right – The immediacy of mobile makes the timing of your ad that much more important. Make sure it serves up when you want people to take action. A phone number that comes up when the business is closed isn’t that useful. A coupon that shows up when geotargeting shows the customer is near the store is much more likely to get results.
- Place it Right – Know the audience of the site or app you are advertising on and make sure your ad speaks to them.
Please share your thoughts on other strategies for making the most of mobile advertising.